AIDS Walk Orlando 2013
Saturday, May 18, 2013AIDS Walk Orlando is the second largest annual fundraiser for the Hope and Help Center of Central Florida, Inc. Hope and Help´s mission is to save lives by treating and preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS in Central Florida.
Now in its 18th year, AIDS Walk Orlando continues to raise awareness and funds for the men, women and children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in the Central Florida Community.
The community´s generous support of last year´s event helped us surpass our goal, raising over $207,000. Hope and Help is proud that 90 cents on every dollar raised goes directly to client services and all funds raised stay in Central Florida to help our neighbors in need.
This year´s AIDS Walk Orlando will take place on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando. Registration and the starting line will be at the Walt Disney World Amphitheater located on Robinson Street. We need your help more than ever to make AIDS Walk Orlando 2013 our most successful yet!
- On-site registration will begin at 7:30am
- Opening remarks will begin at 8:00am
- The walk will commence at 8:30am
- Closing remarks & awards will be given out at 10:00am
- Florida Dept. of Health estimates that statewide 125,000 people are living with HIV/AIDS
- Cumulatively, Florida ranks 3rd in the nation for HIV/AIDS infections
- Florida ranks 2nd in the nation for Pediatric HIV/AIDS cases
- In Central Florida - Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Brevard County - over 15,000 people are infected with HIV/AIDS.
- Of that 15,000 - over 9,000 of them are in Orange County
- 1 in every 476 women in Florida is infected with HIV/AIDS
- 2 teenagers every hour nationwide are infected with HIV/AIDS
- 1 in 5 individuals who are infected aren´t aware that they have the disease